Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm alive

So I started a message board. It's for parents of preemies, or any parent whose child has endured a lengthy NICU stay.

I bought some server space, installed some free message board software and spent a few sleepless night figuring out how to install it. I cussed a lot, but I think I learned more.

I had to uninstall, delete, re-upload and reinstall four times, I think. Did I mention I cussed a lot? I cussed a lot.

I finally got it working. Then started tweaking things. And it all started to go to hell again. After more sleepless nights trying to get everything working, I finally gave up and sought help. Fortunately I found a lovely chap from the Netherlands who is clearly smarter than me.

So, it's working. There's still some tweaking to do, and I'm sure a few more sleepless nights in my future, but it's up.

Hopefully my brain will now allow something other than code and computer jargon to form and I can return to my regularly scheduled mundane ruminations.

If anyone out there is the parent of a preemie or a child who had a long stay in the NICU would like to join, shoot me an email for the link. I'd post it here, but honestly, I'm hoping to avoid as many bots and spammers as possible. The board is ad-free and offers no profit to me (actually the opposite) in any way, so traffic outside the core audience is just annoying.

--Trish

P.S. Robbie is well. Tons of pictures on his blog.

4 comments:

Macchiatto said...

Wow, good for you! :)

Tasha said...

Oh me me me! I'd love to see it and join in as I have the time. :)

Jenn said...

That's awesome, Trish!

Tracy said...

That's awesome, Trish! (Not the sleepless nights or cussing, but you know!) I'm proud of the contribution you're making to other NICU parents.