Friday, June 19, 2009

Nothin' much

I haven't had a lot to say lately. Things have been pretty decent at home, really. Robbie had about a week and a half of not-so-awful reflux. He was puking more like twice a day instead of up to 20 times a day. There was a lot less crying and it lasted much shorter times.

I actually dared to hope things were improving.

Of course, today we had a 2 straight hour post-tube-feed inconsolable crying, puking jag.

I think Reflux is on the same team Aunt Flow was when we were TTC. Their both sneaky, underhanded bitches.

The big news of the week is that Robbie has officially broken 15 pounds and has made the transition into his own bedroom. The transition was much harder on me than him.

The first night, he looked around with curiosity, seemingly thinking "well, this is odd. Usually I go to bed now." I watched him on the video monitor and he just looked around for about 10 minutes. He then promptly passed out and slept 12 hours.

The next night, same thing. Fell asleep right away and slept 12 hours. (He does wake a couple of times in the night, but only for brief periods and usually only needs help settling down again one of those times.)

This morning he was up mighty early, but you know, you can't win them all. I've now adjusted to not having him so close. Have to trek across the house to turn his feeding pump off and on is annoying, but all in all, the transition went easier than I really could have imagined. (Of course, I type this now. He'll wake up in the an hour and be up all night. I really shouldn't tempt fate here.)

All in all, things are pretty good at home. I wish his stomach would quit betraying him. I suppose I passed on the gene for a body that hates you. Sorry about that kiddo.

I keep praying for things to continue to improve and just thanking God for this special time together. I have to go back to work in 2 months and I'm dreading it already. But I also know that a lot of people don't get 2 months TOTAL to stay home with their children and I've been blessed with a year. I know how good we have it. (We won't discuss the state of our financial status because of the year at home. It's pathetic, really. But completely worth it.)

Anyway, this isn't a post to say much except that I love my family and things are going as okay as they get in these parts.



--Trish

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend together :)

Patti B.

Mrs. Spit said...

Yeah Robbie!

Mrs. Spit said...

Yeah Robbie!

Robyn said...

That's awesome to hear the transition to his crib went well! Good job Robbie!

Adriane said...

So glad the transition went smoothly. Things are much harder on us than them - I'm really starting to believe that.

LOVE the comparison of Reflux to AF. Gracie is back at her spitting up again, too. I spoke too soon!

Two Hands said...

I have a lottery ticket to check. If I'm a winner, consider yourself happily unemployed.
His smile is so infectious. I just can't help but mirror it when I see him.
Lots of love to all.

Sunny said...

Oh, the reflux is so hard! We are lucky that our son outgrew it by 4-5 months old, but it was a nightmare when he had it. I'm sorry for Robbie and you!

I missed my son too when we transitioned to his own crib. But we all sleep so much better it was worth it. Although there are still days that I wish I could cuddle with him when I wake up in the middle of the night...

B's Mom said...

Going back to work will be a million times harder on you then it will be on him. I promise!

AngelsAmid said...

That's great news!! Lots of good steps forward and only a minor back! =) I'm so sorry you have to return to work- on the other hand I know returning to work after 11wks was hard- I can't imagine after I've been home for a year- even harder I'm sure! *hugs* :) He's so adorable I can't get enough of him.

Me said...

I like it that your life is starting to settle down into a more palatable and predictable routine. :)