Friday, April 27, 2007

Here we go again.

CD15. Finally surging. I know many of you are probably thinking "CD15 is FINALLY?" PSHAW." but for me, that's late.
My body is playing games with me, I think. My guts hurt so bad I don't know what to think. And I had all but given up on actually surging. As my track record with OPKs isn't exactly stellar, I just never know.

But this morning my CBEFM gave me an egg. So I used an Answer brand OPK in the same cup of pee. I wouldn't have called it positive. The very tip-top was dark, but it faded as it went down. Seriously, the place that was dark was more like a dot. If my camera wasn't being PMSy I'd have taken a picture and posted it.

The trouble with this is that sometimes I think that the CBEFM gets my surge too late. Since theoretically we should surge in the afternoon, the CBEFM probably doesn't get it til the next morning. And since we ovulate 12-36 hours after the surge, maybe IUIing the next day is too late.

I mean- who really knows? I don't know if I'm Oing today or will tomorrow. We did have sex last night, so there's still a chance either way. But wow.. stressful.

I swear the most stressful part of the whole thing is trying to get the O timing right.
That's why when I finally go back to the RE (who called today to push my appointment back by 9 days.. which puts me 5 days into the next cycle, most likely.) I want her to do some monitoring and a trigger shot. I hate this guesswork stuff.


So. Anyway. I IUI tomorrow morning at 11am. Pray for lots of sperm. And an egg that is still around.


--Trish

1 comment: