Monday, August 13, 2007

I hope.

I hope.

I don't know how many of you are regular Post Secret readers, but even if you aren't, I highly recommend taking a trip over there this week.

For any who may not know, Post Secret is a amazing art project. It's run by Frank Warren. People create a post card art project representing a secret. Then they let it go. It is sent to Frank, who sorts through them and posts 20 of them each week. He has also compiled some books that can be purchased at any bookstore.

This week, instead of simply posting the photos, he's made a video. It's set to a song that I hadn't heard but moved me to tears almost immediately. Combined with the sadness and joy of some of the secrets, I was extremely moved.


As I felt the tears well up for the person who wrote "I'm 25, and I've never been kissed. It's not that I don't want to... it's just that no one else does." I then found myself giggling and joyful at "Hooray! I found someone who loves me even though I have HERPES! Yippee!"

I listened to the lyrics of the song, Breathe Me by Sia:

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And the worst part is there's no one else blame

Be my friend
Hold me
Wrap me up
And fold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
and breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
lost myself and I am nowhere else to be found
Yeah I think that I might break
lost myself again and I feel unsafe


I felt the words in my soul. Feeling so meek. Reaching out to my friends for comfort, as I do in this blog so often. I was already fighting the urge to truly sob. Then I saw the very last secret.

Two words.

I hope.

I cry again as I type them. I hope. Don't we all?

I hope for you.
I hope for me.
I hope the 25 year old who has never been kissed finds the person who has been waiting to kiss her.
I hope the person with Herpes will forgive herself for having it.
I hope you all have peace.
I hope I hope I'll have a baby.
And I hope I'll survive if I don't.


2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

SEEMS very appropriate and also a re-occuring theme in ur IF blogs - thats for passing it along

Marz said...

That was very cool, however I immediately thought that 25 year old that was never kissed was a guy. I don't know why.