Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas. 12dpo.



I'm in shock. Since I just can't wrap my brain around being pregnant from 4 million sperm, my theory is that the sex we had the night of the IUI was the mother lode.

I'm still sort of numb.

David's excited, of course.

I actually tested yesterday morning and had a sort of confusing result. There was what looked like perhaps MAYBE an evap line, but it wasn't pink, and it was right where the plastic strip is on the back of the FRER. After staring at it for what must have been a full hour in every light possible, I decided it was definitely negative and tossed it in the trash.

The test you're looking at is from this evening about 8:00. I'm taking the fact that I have ANYTHING at 12dpo as a good sign, since both previous pregnancies were completely negative at 12dpo. But I'm not quite preparing for either course yet.

We've discussed that either way, we'll be okay. It's funny, I said to David "I'm not sure I"m ready for all of this again." And he went on to assure me that we'll be great parents. I told him that it working out wasn't the "this" I wasn't prepared for. He said we've handled that before. We'll be okay. All I could say was that yes, we sure are good at handling the bad stuff.

So, here we go again. Third pregnancy this year. Not bad for 2 people who aren't supposed to be able to get pregnant, huh?

--Trish

29 comments:

Mrs. Shoes said...

What a wonderful Christmas present, indeed! Praying that this is the one for you.

Ariella said...

Congrats Trish! I really do hope this little one sticks.

The Bugala's said...

Come on baby C...we're hoping you stick!!

Robyn said...

I am a lurker but I wanted to say congratulations and hope this one is a sticky bean!

Fat Girl said...

Merry Christmas! Congratulations! What a wonderful present! I really hope this pg has a different outcome and you get to bring a baby home.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I miscarried in July right around the time that you did, and that's when I found your blog. I just found out that I'm also pregnant on a cycle that we were taking a break.

We can do this!

AwkwardMoments said...

woo hoo for 2 lines! That's a very awesome present to unwrap! Sending you good good happy positive, sticky thoughts!

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, congratulations! What a great way to end the year!

LJ said...

What a great little gift! I am hoping this is it for you!

Carrie said...

Lovely news!
What a great ending to a rotten year.

Hope you are managing to stay calm xx

Maria (MKC101103) said...

CONGRATS!!!! You and I are both on PG #3 in the past 12 months so hopefully the "third time is a charm" for both of us :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Busted said...

Congratulations! I really hope this one sticks for you!

Brooke said...

WOOHOOO! What an awesome Christmas surprise. I am sending some sticky dust your way!!!

Me said...

Now that's a Christmas present if ever I've seen one!

Meghan said...

What an amazing present!! Congrats!!!!

Jody said...

Congrats! I hope this is a sticky baby for you.

Kierstin said...

I have been praying so hard for you guys this month! I will continue to pray that this baby sticks and you have a healthy baby!!!

Jenn said...

Praying and crossing my fingers for you that this sticks! Merry Christmas, indeed! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a lurker but I had to say congratulations! What a wonderful present!

Stacie said...

Delurking to say Congrats!

tryingin2007 said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! we did it!!!! I am so happy for you! my 12dpo stick looked exactly like yours. congratulations!

Osh said...

*makes a sticky*

T-Mommy said...

Wow Trish, this is great!

4 million sperms may sound bad but I've known sucessful cases with as little as 900 thousand!... So, IT CAN HAPPEN and IT CAN BE THE ONE!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you ;)

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Trish. I'm sending lots of sticky dust your way. What a present!

Marz said...

Wow! What a nice Christmas present :-)
Keeping fingers & toes crossed for a sticky bean

FattyPants said...

Woohoo! What a wonderful gift. I will bust out the celebratory duct tape to make sure this little one sticks. Merry christmas.

Bec said...

Congratulations hon! Am keeping everything crossed that this one sticks for you :-)

Kristen said...

O.M.G. I am in shock as well - this is the best gift EVER!!!!

Hang on little miracle - Mommy and Daddy want to meet you so very badly in September!

XOXO

Malloryn said...

Congratulations! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.