Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tired as usual

Some days feel like they must have been eleventy billion hours long.

This was one of them.

The boy is fine, but it was a long, frustrating day. I didn't care for his nurse. Nothing major. Just LOTS of minor things.

It would take her 90 seconds to put a new sticker on his face to keep his cannula in place, instead of me having to fix them and piss him off 25 times a day, for example.

Robbie's roomate's parents were just as frustrated. They actually applauded when the night nurse came in. I don't think any of us had ever been happier to see a shift change. I'll have day nurse put on my do-not-assign-to-Robbie-again list tomorrow.

I don't have a weight update.

He was having lots of reflux tonight. Plus he was just on the border of not being warm enough most of the day. He even had a couple of bradys, though I'm pretty sure they were reflux related. She was going to see about lowering his food volume a bit because we might have been over doing it.

Anyway, because of that, we didn't give him a bath or weigh him tonight. She'll probably weigh him later in the night, but for now, as far as I know he's still 3lb 12ish oz.

Off to sleep..

Trish

No comments: