Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday

Remember me talking about the pad on Robbie's face that needed replaced?

Well, apparently they really should have listened to me because underneath it, he apparently had a horrible oozing rash.

The NP and our pediatrician has looked at it, and they think it's just an allergic reaction/irritation, but they did culture it to make sure. For now, they have it covered in polysporin.

This is the sort of thing that makes me crazy. I realize that if they'd changed it when I asked, it probably still would have been there, but why do I even have to ask for it to be changed?

He probably got the sensitive skin from me. I can't so much as look at the grass hard w/o getting a rash. He gets them from his leads all the time- but they get changed every day, so it's not usually a problem.

The pediatrician asked if either of us have seasonal allergies and I told her that David has them horribly. She said he probably got the gene from both of us. Poor kid.

So far he's been cursed with my big nose & forehead, David's slack jaw, and now our allergies. I sure hope he got some of our good genes, too.

He didn't gain any weight last night. Not a surprise. I guess the O.T. bottle fed him this morning and he didn't pace himself very well so he drifted a few times. Still a work in progress. That's one of those things they say just "clicks" one day and they get it. Hopefully soon.

We might need to add a moose to the fire. I'd like to hit 4lbs one of these days.

Oh- and what sort of creature do we sacrifice for good camera luck? I replaced my pretty-decent-but-on-the-fritz camera right after Robbie was born and all of a sudden the damned thing won't turn on. The worst part is that I'm so disorganized these days that I don't have a clue where the receipt is. It was a pretty cheap one (like 90 bucks) but still, I can't afford to replace a camera every 3 months! And I hate that I don't know what I did with the paperwork for it.

I guess since I skipped my whole 3rd trimester, I never got to "nesting."

I swear I need a personal assistant.

--Trish

6 comments:

Macchiatto said...

(((((Trish)))))
Hope his rash clears up soon! Praying for him to hit 4 lbs. soon, too, and keep growing at a good healthy pace! (And for consistently good nurses!!)

Mrs. Spit said...

Excuse me, I have to go stoke up the fire for a moose.

I will ask Mr. Spit about the appropriate sacrafice for a camera - he's the photographer.

Mrs. Shoes said...

Does the battery on the camera need to be replaced? Hoping it's something simple.

MARCIE, RAY, KARMA & RAY SAN said...

A friend forwarded me your blog and I've only made it through June. I've been reading every post.

I have to tell you that I'm right where you were. Our little boy was born at 25 weeks on July 16, 2008 at 1lb. 11oz. He hits 5 weeks tomorrow and it has been a bumpy NICU ride.

I have felt all of the same emotions you have and am reading to feel the hope I sometime lose.

Keep hanging in there.

~ Marcie

Ariella said...

I have a moose on stand by let me know when i should start the fire.

((((((HUGS))))))))

Osh said...

um, nesting?
excuse me while I try to shove my 14 year old back in my uterus. Clearly I need to start over.