Monday, February 23, 2009

Raspberry video and gtube


Robbie is just learning to blow raspberries. what he's really accomplishing is slobbering A LOT. I hope this video uploads bright enough that you can see him doing it.

We had our follow up with the doctor today. We see the surgeon on Wednesday and will schedule the G tube placement from there.

Today's appointment was actually with both the nutritionist and the NP in the GI's office. They both feel that the G tube won't be super long term. Because he took so well to solid food, they think that once he reaches the point where most of his calories can come from solids versus milk, we will be able to get rid of the tube.

They said their plan is that as soon as the tube goes in, we're working on getting it out.

He weight 10 lb 13oz at the office today. I had actually fed him on the way to the doctor, so that was a little heavy. I weighed him on the home scale tonight and he was really 10lb 10.5 oz. That puts him up 11+ oz in 2 1/2 weeks. Considering he only gained 5 ounces in the month preceding that, it's obvious that things are going better.

For now, please pray that the surgery goes smoothly. I'm really nervous about it. He took 3 days to wake up from the last one.

There are many reasons this should go smoother.

-He's almost triple the weight he was then
-the surgery is about 10 minutes versus the 2 1/2 hours previously
-we know he reacts strongly to the anesthesia
-he's having way less done so he'll require way less pain medication afterward.

but I also know anything can happen.


--Trish

10 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

and that's my adorable Mr. Robbie.

Praying. Praying that it's in and out.

Two Hands said...

Will be praying and checking and praying and checking. God I love that little boy. I wish I could be there to pace and hug you.

Heather said...

I'm praying for this surgery to be easy on Robbie. Hang in there.

Malloryn said...

I hope that everything goes very well!

Ivory said...

Oh, Emma though Robbie was really cute blowing those raspberries! She was trying to kiss him through the computer (another *trick* that is basically a slobber fest) ;)
Good luck with the surgery!

Kierstin said...

yeah for the weight gain. i will keep you in my prayers! hope the surgery goes well.

Valerie said...

I love that video. It's so cute!

He'll definitely be in my prayers.

Michelle said...

SO CUTE!!!

Laura said...

Sending you lots of hugs and good surgery vibes! Cam & Ev are thinking about you Robbie and can't wait to swap GJ tube stories one day in Disney World at the Nesty Preemie Board reunion. We all really deserve a vacation like that.

camille said...

His smile just lights up his whole face...and everyone else's who is lucky enough to see it!!