Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scheduled

Robbie's surgery will be next Tuesday, March 3 at 11:30am.

The surgeon thinks it will be especially easy because he believes his stomach is still attached to the abdomen from having the G tube previously. He said he likely won't even need stitches and will be able to go home the same day.

He doesn't anticipate the lengthy recovery time of last time because Robbie's older and willingly breathes on his own now.

I told him I'd pack a bag just in case and he thought that was a good idea.

He sent us to radiology for a repeat upper GI to make sure his hiatal hernia hadn't recurred. If it has, that would obviously change things a bit, but hopefully it's just a 10 minute procedure with minimal pain.

I feel a little better today than I did yesterday. I really like the surgeon (and he comes HIGHLY recommended) and he did calm my fears a bit.

Now we just need it over with.

--Trish

8 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad that it will be over and done with soon. I know you can't wait. I hate that you both have to go through this again, but I hope it really does the trick and he starts gaining quickly so that he can get rid of it FAST! You know that you always have our good thoughts!

Mrs. Spit said...

That sounds like a really great appointment. I didn't comment yesterday, but I love that they will be working so hard to get him off even as soon as it's in.

Lisa said...

I hope all goes well and that feedings won't be such a constant worry and struggle for you both. If there is anything I can do for you guys, let me know.

Elizabeth said...

We will be thinking lots and lots of positive thoughts on the 3rd. I hope it makes the difference that it's supposed to.

Winter Delivery said...

I will continue to keep Robbie and your family in my prayers especially next week. All will be over with soon :)

Anonymous said...

Robbie will do great! He's such a trooper, that little boy. You are a great example to him :) Will be doing lots of prayers and positive thoughts on the 3rd.

O.S.B. said...

I’m sure it’s a relief to have it scheduled. We’ll be thinking of you all and praying that it’s quick and simple and over fast, just long enough for you to have your Bugles and Icee!! Seriously though, you are in our thoughts every day, Robbie is such a little trooper, and we know he’ll come through this just fine! ((((Hugs))))

AwkwardMoments said...

praying for you all