Wednesday, March 4, 2009

updating again

I'm sorry to keep posting and running, but things are crazy. I promise when this is all over, I'll recap the whole thing.

Right now we're a little concerned about him metabolically. He hasn't peed in 8 hours. And when I put his feeding tube on to let some gas out hoping to make him more comfortable, the little bit of food he'd eaten over the last 7 hours came bubbling back out. (and also caused him to scream for a little bit, when it should have done the opposite)

The got the house pediatrician paged.

Robbie is now NPO for a time and his IV fluids have been turned up. He has until 2am to pee. (It's a little after midnight as I type this.)

They're going to do a panel in the morning to see if he's dehydrated or what's going on in that regard.

I'm worried.

The better news is that the last dose of morphine seemed to actually do something to his pain level and I'm seeing bits and pieces of the real Robbie peeking through. I hope that means his pain level is dropping and things are improving.

At this point I don't know if we'll be going home tomorrow or not. At the very least, I hope we can be moved out of the PICU into the regular peds area.
The PICU is NOT family friendly. (Yes, I'm already complained.)
There are no beds- not even a couch. I have a recliner that doesn't even recline all the way. There are no bathrooms not just in the room, but in the entire area. I'm having to use a bathroom in a public waiting room down 2 hallways from here.

It sucks.

All of it.

--Trish

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Ah, Trish. Sending hugs and prayers your way. Hoping Robbie pees like crazy and all the worry is put to rest so you can go home tomorrow.

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh sweetie. I'm sorry. I'll keep praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. You and Robbie are in our thoughts.

FattyPants said...

I keep watching for updates. I hope he pees soon and they find out what is going on. Still praying for you guys.

O.S.B. said...

Oh Trish, ((Hugs)) Praying that everything has gotten much better this morning.

Me said...

It sounds like it sucks. I'm sorry.