Monday, July 9, 2007

Beta 2 drawn

I got up early and was at Quest before 8am. They were fairly busy, but I was still out of there by 8:15.

I was hoping that if I got in early enough, we could get the results today.

When I hadn't heard anything by 3:30, I left a message at the R.E.'s office.

Good Nurse Crystal called me back about 4:30. She didn't have any results. She inquired what time I'd have the draw and was surprised that it hadn't come yet. As I'm probably the unluckiest person on the planet, I wasn't, but I certainly was frustrated.
She was very apologetic and said if it wasn't waiting for her when she got into the office in the morning, she'd call Quest and track it down. And call me right away.

I also discussed testing my progesterone because my temps have been a little lower than I'd like the last two days.

Coverline ~ 97.4 (or lower)
Post-O ~ 97.7/8
1st pregnancy ~ 98.2

This pregnancy I've hovered around 98 a few days, but been down to about 98.8/9 the last few days. Crystal's take was that if my progesterone is failing, it's probably a sign that the pregnancy is, too. But she did agree to test it with my next beta.

Now if we could just get the results of this one.

As for symptoms, I'm still having intermittent breast pain. The left one hurts worse than the right. Does/did anyone else have this? I also almost puked on the restaurant table at dinner with David last night. He got a pulled pork sandwich and something about the smell of the barbecue sauce almost got me. The gagging came over me without warning. David looked stunned and asked if I was okay. I took a few moments to breathe slowly and gag a little more and it finally passed.

Other than that, I've got nothing. I don't feel bloated like last time. I'm not peeing a lot. I'm tired, but not exceptionally. I know it's early yet and every pregnancy is different, but I can't help but compare it to last time.

So. We'll see. Think of me in the morning. I'm going to go back to mentally pacing.


Marz said...

Oh man! this sucks! I was really hoping that you would have your results already.
Just FYI, I never had the pee frequently thing with either of my pregnancy, well, not till the baby was bigger & decided to sit on my bladder.
1 more advice, step away from the thermometer! I know, I know, I had to check my temps too but at 1 point I finally just had to stop, it really isn't good for you.
Can't wait to hear the results tomorrow.

Rebecca said...

I've been checking all day to see if you had results so that sucks that you don't yet! I also don't get the frequency until the baby gets bigger and you know about my boobs already. Step away from the thermometer...and no one will get hurt. :)

Cheryl said...

I've been wondering all day about your test too. I never had to pee all the time at first either. Seems early for the overwhelming nausea, but maybe you'll just be one of those people that is sick a lot.

ultimatejourney said...

I can't believe they're making you wait like that! I've been anxiously awaiting your results. Let us know when you hear anything.