Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday morning report

Called the nurse this am. I managed to catch shift change, so day nurse handed me off to night nurse and when night nurse came on the phone instead of saying hello she said "800 grams!"

That puts him at 1lb 12oz. Now, truth be told, she weighed him before his two huge (there's that word again) poops. But since I doubt he pooped 50 grams worth, he's still up and we're counting it. Of course, when I told her exactly that she said "Well, I did say huge..." My baby is a world class pooper. I couldn't be prouder.

His oxygen needs are still down from where they were a couple of days ago, between 28 & 37%. Since late last week he had crept up into the 50% range, I'm still calling this improvement.

A pleasant nurse with pleasant news is a helluva way to start the day. The roller coaster climbs. I'll start bracing for the fall in a minute. Hold on tight.

--Trish

7 comments:

Macchiatto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Macchiatto said...

Go, Robbie!!! :)
(And Mommy with her magic touch and milk!)

K said...

Savor the good news. The pictures of Robbie are beautiful. He looks so strong. You have been in my thoughts and prayers for the last 2 weeks and will continue to do so.

Heather said...

Glad to keep hearing the good news. My prayers for you all and Robbie continue.

Kristin (kekis) said...

It's another good news day so far! Hopefully this won't be a steep climb on the roller coaster, so the fall won't be as drastic.

AngelsAmid said...

Oh yay!!! =) He's going to be such a big boy! :) I'm so proud of little Robbie. What a good little pooper too! =)

Whitefield Spanish Department said...

Trish! I'm loving the news and pictures and everything, and just wanted to let you know I'm still keeping up and praying for you!

love, Sara-Elizabeth